Selfcare seems to be a buzzword lately and for good reason. I used to think it was a little fluffy term for being healthy but its so much more. It can be anything from going to a meditation class to going for a walk during your lunch break. We spend so much of our time worrying if everyone else is okay and taken care of and also what other people think of us. It’s essential to your wellbeing to take a look inward and make sure you are taken care of. Here are a few easy things to include in your selfceare practice:
- Have a little fun! Schedule in some time everyday to play, let loose, dance, laugh.
- Be selfish and do something that makes you happy
- Turnoff your phone – the emails, calls, text, facebook and any other phone distractions can wait
- Unfriend anyone on your social platforms that is negative, draining or arent actually your friends
- Take a deep breath and checkin with how you’re feeling
- Move! Take a break and go for a walk during lunch to create some new mental space, get some vitamin D and burn a few cals